Objective: Minimize the danger and reduce/eliminate property damage
- Hierarchy of space is organized around a network of elevated open space connected by pathways. This network is at a height resistant to even the highest tides.
- Lighted warning paths show distances to higher ground during king tides and periodic flooding. These way-finding devices activate in accord with severe weather warnings.
Objective: Provide frameworks for communities to adapt
- Food production in upland areas with crops that can withstand saline conditions such as the Dutch potato.
- Boat sharing program when tides are high for extended periods
- Tidal energy used to generate power.
Objective: Provide framework for communities to celebrate
- Strategies that help to harness and enhance the power of the sea
- Commissioning of rotating art that works with rise with the tide as well as singular permanent installations such as the boardwalk fountain
Micah Giardetti, Landscape Architect